The meaning of La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah) - ملتقى الشفاء الإسلامي
القرآن الكريم بأجمل الأصوات mp3 جديد الدروس والخطب والمحاضرات الاسلامية الأناشيد الاسلامية اناشيد جهادية دينية اناشيد طيور الجنة أطفال أفراح أعراس منوعات انشادية شبكة الشفاء الاسلامية
الرقية الشرعية والاذكار المكتبة الصوتية

مقالات طبية وعلمية

شروط التسجيل 
قناة الشفاء للرقية الشرعية عبر يوتيوب

اخر عشرة مواضيع :         حدث في مثل هذا اليوم ميلادي ... (اخر مشاركة : أبــو أحمد - عددالردود : 4412 - عددالزوار : 850152 )           »          إشــــــــــــراقة وإضــــــــــــاءة (متجدد باذن الله ) (اخر مشاركة : أبــو أحمد - عددالردود : 3942 - عددالزوار : 386293 )           »          الجوانب الأخلاقية في المعاملات التجارية (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 63 )           »          حتّى يكون ابنك متميّزا (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 60 )           »          كيف يستثمر الأبناء فراغ الصيف؟ (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 57 )           »          غربة الدين في ممالك المادة والهوى (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 69 )           »          أهمية الوقت والتخطيط في حياة الشاب المسلم (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 65 )           »          الإسلام والغرب (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 66 )           »          من أساليب تربية الأبناء: تعليمهم مراقبة الله تعالى (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 0 - عددالزوار : 56 )           »          همسة في أذن الآباء (اخر مشاركة : ابوالوليد المسلم - عددالردود : 2 - عددالزوار : 57 )           »         

العودة   ملتقى الشفاء الإسلامي > القسم العلمي والثقافي واللغات > الملتقى العلمي والثقافي > English forum

English forum every topics about islam and public subjects ... كل ما يختص بالموضوعات الاسلاميه والعامه

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 05-02-2023, 09:26 PM
الصورة الرمزية ابوالوليد المسلم
ابوالوليد المسلم ابوالوليد المسلم متصل الآن
قلم ذهبي مميز

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2019
مكان الإقامة: مصر
الجنس :
المشاركات: 133,534
الدولة : Egypt
افتراضي The meaning of La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)

The meaning of La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)

Dr. Amin ibn `Abdullah Ash-Shaqawy

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds [i.e., people]. Peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and all his Companions. I bear witness that there is no god but Allah alone who has no partner and that Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger.

The phrase of monotheism is "There is no deity but Allah" because it means dedicating the worship to Allah (may He be Exalted) and worshipping Him only as it includes the meaning of "There is no deity worthy of worship but Allah." It is a great phrase for which Allah sent Messengers and Scriptures, and for its achievement Allah commanded the believers with Jihad, swords were taken out of their sheath, and horses were ridden for the sake of Allah. Allah (Exalted and Glorified be He) said: "And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad peace be upon him) but We revealed to him (saying): Lâ ilâha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allâh)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)." [Surat Al Anbiya': 25].

The first thing which all Messengers called to was the phrase of monotheism. Allah (Glory be to Him) said: "O my people! Worship Allâh, you have no other ilâh (god) but Him." [Surat Al Mu'minun: 23].

The infidels to whom the Prophet was sent admitted that there is no god but Allah as He (Exalted be He) said: "And if you ask them who created them, they will surely say: Allah. How then are they turned away (from the worship of Allah, Who created them)?" [Surat Az-Zukhruf: 87].

However, this acknowledgement is not enough in achieving monotheism because it is necessary to achieve knowledge which leads to worship Allah alone without associating partners with Him in worship which is meant by Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) where He said: "So, know (O Muhammad peace be upon him) that, Lâ ilâha illallâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh)." [Surat Muhammad: 19].

The infidels of Quraysh and others understood the meaning of this phrase, therefore they said: "Has he made the âlihah (gods) (all) into One Ilâh (God - Allâh). Verily, this is a curious thing!" [Surat Sad: 5].

There are some Muslims who utter this phrase, offer Salah, fast, perform Hajj, and give in charity then direct any act of worship to other than Allah (may He be Exalted) seeking the help of the righteous, vowing to them, or invoking them besides Allah. Those people did not achieve the meaning of La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah) because it means worshipping Allah alone and dedicating all acts of worship to Him by all its types. It is important to say that anyone directs any act of worship to other than Allah is a polytheist even if he says: "La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)," performs Salah, fasts, and claims to be a Muslim. A person only becomes true Muslim and saves himself from eternity in Hell-Fire by pure faith which is not mixed by any polytheism and is not contradicted by disbelief. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allâh), for them (only) there is security and they are the guided." [Surat Al An`am: 82].

Whoever worships Allah and associates others with Him in worship, that act of worship shall not benefit him. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammad peace be upon him), as it was to those (Allâh's Messengers) before you: If you join others in worship with Allâh, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers." [Surat Az-Zumar: 65].

Scholars mentioned that the meaning of "La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)" includes some conditions which are prerequisites.

The conditions of this phrase are eight:

First, knowing its meaning. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "So know (O Muhammad peace be upon him) that La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women. And Allah knows well your moving about, and your place of rest (in your homes)." [Surat Muhammad: 19].

Imam Muslim reported in his Sahih from the Hadith of `Uthman (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "He who dies while knowing (fully well) that there is none worthy of worship (in truth) but Allah shall enter Paradise."[1]

Many people utter this phrase only with their tongues without knowing anything about its meaning, therefore they fall in polytheism.

Second, certainty which is not mixed by doubt and its sayer should utter it while he is confident, but if his heart is filled with doubt about its indication, it will not benefit him. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Only those are the believers who have believed in Allâh and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not." [Surat Al Hujurat: 15].

Imam Muslim reported in his Sahih on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I am the Messenger of Allah. No person meets Allah while holding this phrase without having any doubt about it but enters paradise."[2]

Third, sincerity which negates polytheism, so a person should say it without hypocrisy or show-off. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allâh, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him)." [Surat Al Bayyinah: 5].

Al Bukhari reported in his Sahih from the Hadith of Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' sincerely from the bottom of his heart."[3]

Fourth, truthfulness which negates lying, so a person should say: "La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)" sincerely from his heart. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Alif, Lam, Mim * Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: We believe, and will not be tested. * And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)." [Surat Al `Ankabut: 1 - 3].

Al Bukhari and Muslim reported in their books of authentic Hadiths from the Hadith of Mu`adh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "No one bears witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah sincerely from the bottom of his heart, but Allah forbids [his body] to Hell-Fire."[4]

So, truthfulness was stipulated in this Hadith.

Fifth, love which negates hatred, so he should love this phrase, its indications, and the people who believe in it and act according to it. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "But those who believe, love Allâh more (than anything else)." [Surat Al Baqarah: 165].

Sixth, submission to its implications, so a person should submit to its implications such as apparent and hidden actions. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allâh (i.e. follows Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin." [Surat Al Baqarah: 112].

Submission means following the commands of Allah.

Seventh, acceptance which negates rejection, so a person should accept the implications of this phrase such as worshipping Allah alone without associating partners with Him in worship and abandon the worship of others. So, whoever says it without accepting that and abides by it is like those about whom Allah said: "Truly, when it was said to them: Lâ ilâha illallâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh), they puffed themselves up with pride (i.e. denied it)." [Surat As-Safat: 35].

Eighth, freeing oneself from anything that is worshipped besides Allah and affirming worship to Allah alone. Allah (may He be Exalted) says: "Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold." [Surat Al Baqarah: 256].

Imam Muslim reported in his Sahih from the Hadith of Abu Malik on the authority of his father that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever says: "La ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity but Allah)" and disbelieves in gods that are worshipped besides Allah, his money and children are forbidden and his accounts will be with Allah."[5]

Of the virtues of this great phrase:

First, it opens for its sayer the eight gates of Paradise. Al Bukhari and Muslim reported in their books of authentic Hadiths from the Hadith of `Ubadah ibn As-Samit (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever says: I bear witness that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah alone [with no partner] and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and that `Eisa is the servant of Allah, the son of His maidservant, a Word which He bestowed upon Mary and a Spirit from (created by) Him, and that Paradise is true and that Hell is true, Allah will admit him through whichever of the eight gates of Paradise he wants."[6]

Second, if they people who believe in "La Ilaha Illa Allah" enter Hell-Fire by their negligence, one day they shall come out of it. It was reported in Sahih Al Bukhari and Sahih Muslim from the Hadith of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "By my Power, and my Majesty, and by My Supremacy, and by My Greatness, I will take out of Hell (Fire) whoever said: 'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah."[7]

At-Tabarany reported in Al Mu`jam Al Awsat from the Hadith of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever says: "There is no deity but Allah" it will benefit him one day no matter how he was afflicted before."[8]

Third, whoever says it before death then dies shall enter paradise. Abu Dawud reported in his Sunan from the Hadith of Mu`adh ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "He whose last words are: La ilaha illallah (There is no true god except Allah) will enter Paradise."[9]

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds [i.e., people]. May Allah send His Peace and Blessings upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and all his Companions!

[1] No. 26.

[2] No. 26.

[3] No. (6570).

[4] Al Bukhari No. (128) and Muslim No. (32).

[5] No. 23.

[6] [Sahih Al Bukhari No. (3435) and Sahih Muslim No. (28) with his own wordings.

[7] Al Bukhari No. (7510) and Muslim No. (192).

[8] (6/274) No. (6396) Sheikh Al Albany ranked it as authentic in Sahih Al Jami` As-Saghir (2 /1098) No. (6434).

[9] [Has been previously attributed to its sources].

أن ينظر الله إلى قلبك فيرى أنك لا تريد من الدنيا والآخرة إلا هو
سبحـــــــــــــــانه و تعـــــــــــالى.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 2 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 2)

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الاحد 20 من مارس 2011 , الساعة الان 01:21:21 صباحاً.